Thursday, April 10, 2008

Workout Online

I need a trainer…I really do. Even though I know the basics, I am just not able to put it together into a coherent plan for myself. Reason number one that I purchased the treadmill that I have. It is the ProForm iFit Audio Trainer Treadmill with SD Weight Loss Card. It has little SD cards that you can buy that make it seem as though you have a trainer. It controls the treadmill for you and talks to you while you are working out. Then it gives me a different workout everyday. I love it. I get a much better workout with it than I do with normal treadmills. But if treadmills aren’t your thing, then you can catch on to the new craze of online workout programs.

The first one I found was from Women’s Health Magazine (sorry—you’ll hear them referenced often because they have a lot of good stuff). Theirs is called Ultimate Fitness Plan ‘08. (Just click on the link). You can sign up for free---FREE is ALWAYS good!!! It gives you a 6-month workout plan that changes weekly, tests to gauge your fitness when starting out and to see your improvement throughout the program, a fitness log to track your workouts, and videos to demonstrate the exercises. Can you ask for anything more??!!

My husband uses CrossFit for his daily exercises. Each day they post a different workout for you to do. And if you don’t know how to do a specific exercise, they have links for you to watch videos of them. The program is good because you can adjust it to your personal fitness level. It has helped my husband to become stronger than any other program he has used.

Here are a few that I haven’t used but look promising:

Freetrainers.com
They are rated the #1 Online Health and Fitness Community

Build Muscle and Burn Fat with Middle Management
This site has everything! Workouts, Nutrition, Calorie Calculators.

12 Weeks to Weight Loss
Signs you up for a 12-week Weight Loss Ecourse

Of course, there are more. Just google “free workout plans” (or something similar) and you can search for the one that is best for you!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good for people to know.