Friday, May 2, 2008

ADHD

I just read an article about the symptoms of ADHD. I think that I have it!! Maybe not, but I certainly related to a multitude of the symptoms. Here is a list found on EverydayHealth.com.

…a child with ADHD generally shows several of the following characteristics:

  • Difficulty organizing work, often giving the impression of not having heard the teacher's instructions
  • Easily distracted
  • Excessively restless or fidgety behavior; unable to stay seated
  • Impulsive behavior (acts without thinking)
  • Carelessness
  • Frequently calling out in class (without raising hand, yelling out answer before question is finished)
  • Failing to follow through with teachers' or parents' requests
  • Difficulty waiting for his or her turn in group settings
  • Unable to stay focused on a game, project or homework assignment; often moving from one activity to the next without completing any

This is a touchy subject so I am just going to refer you to an article that I found on PBS.org: http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/medicating/experts/exist.html

This article opened my eyes a bit. I don’t know what to think. For me the jury is still out on the subject.

No comments: