Thursday, May 1, 2008

Diabetes

Do you know the symptoms of diabetes? Sometimes they seem harmless so it might go undiagnosed. My family has a history of diabetes, as does my husband’s. So I decided that I better find out all the symptoms so that I can be better educated both for my sake and for my family’s. The American Diabetes Association lists the following as some of the symptoms of diabetes:
  • Frequent urination
  • Excessive thirst
  • Extreme hunger
  • Unusual weight loss
  • Increased fatigue
  • Irritability
  • Blurry vision


The American Diabetes Association has a Diabetes Risk Test available at the following link: http://www.diabetes.org/risk-test.jsp

It tells you afterwards what your risk is and then gives you ways to lower your risk. It is worth checking out. Especially if you have a family history of diabetes!

No comments: